Bridge on the River Kwai - NOT HB issue

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
sdjeff4sc

Bridge on the River Kwai - NOT HB issue

Post by sdjeff4sc »

This isn't a HB question necessarily (b/c I rarely have problems w/ 9.4)....... don't flame me, the other boards haven't helped, but I often find guidance here that solves my problems...... normally the "search" here solves my problems, but I haven't found a work-around yet.......

But I have a dual layer version of Bridge on the River Kwai. The movie is a single side disc, but the movies is separated on the same disc side, 1/2 of it is layer one, the other 1/2 is layer 2. The first half is title 1, the second half of the movie is title 4.

I have used Fairmount/Detox and got a clean rip of Title 1, I have used the same method for Title 2 and I get an error message in DTOX that says it is not a valid DVD source.

I tried the same method, except using an older copy of MTR (Freeware) to get Video TS folders on my desktop and got the same issue.

I get the titles separated into separate folders, then try to use DTOX to combine them, but Title 4 (the 2nd 1/2 of the movie doesn't work)......... it says Title 4 (the 2nd 1/2 of the movie) is not a valid source........

I've used Fairmount/DTOX to combine numerous dualdisc/flipper movies (Lawrence of Arabia, Godfather II, Oliver, LOTR extended editions - all 3), but can't get this one to work......

Again, I know this is a HB board and NOT DTOX support, but has anyone else had this issue, and if so, does anyone know how to work around this issue? I'm trying Fairmount/DTOX for the 4th time (after several attempts w/ MTR) and haven't found a valid source for part 2 of the movie to combine using DTOX before I encode using HB 9.4.......

If this is out of bounds...... just lock me........ I'm waiting for DTOX support to respond.............

Any suggestions would be much appreciated........
mduell
Veteran User

Re: Bridge on the River Kwai - NOT HB issue

Post by mduell »

If you don't care about chapters: Rip the whole disk with MTR, then just concatenate the VOB files that represent both halves of the movie (probably 4-5 each).
sdjeff4sc

Post by sdjeff4sc »

Thanks!

Encode is in process - I hope I get the chapters but it isn't a loss if I don't.........

It "seems" to be working at this point, my problem seems be solved by ripping the titles to individual folders for each title on my desktop and THEN combining them into DTOX before my encode.

Then again, I'm a newbie, I screw lots of things up, but the good people here usually clear things up - like you.....

Thanks, I'll post again once the encode is finished. Maybe doing the individual folders for part 1, 2 and the combined folder for the entire movie was overkill, but it was the only way I could conceptualize the process, some of the tech-speak here loses me.... no complaints, I'm just not that saavy...........

I've done fairly well with my limited knowledge, but appreciate any bone anyone here throws me...........
sdjeff4sc

Post by sdjeff4sc »

Problem solved - was able to rip w/ Fairmount/DTOX, Combine w/ DTOX and encode w/ HB, tag w/ Metax - it all works great now!

Sorry for clogging the board w/ non-HB questions
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

sdjeff4sc wrote:Sorry for clogging the board w/ non-HB questions
Not really a problem, at least your questions were somewhat related, which isn't always the case ;-)

Though non-HB questions probably belong in Tiki Bar…