transcode iso files

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
chris650

transcode iso files

Post by chris650 »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a big collection DVD in iso files. What's the best way to stream to my iPad?

(I know that, normally, I have to transcode them to other format, e.g. H.264, to use AirVideo or something like that. Is any way I can transcode on the fly while streaming to iPad.)

I tried Handbrake. The problem is most of my DVD of educational materials containing chapters/lectures. The Handbrake treat each of those as an individual title and put them in different files.

I want to be able to batch transcoding, one disc into one file.....and batch can be set up do many iso file one after another.
phoenixdown

Re: transcode iso files

Post by phoenixdown »

If that's your only requirement, can you use vlc player for ipad to play the iso file? should work I think.

If you want to convert them to mp4, I'm sure someone has a batch file thing around here somewhere.
chris650

Re: transcode iso files

Post by chris650 »

i don't want to put iso on my ipad. All the iso files (large number) are on an external network drive. I don't want to them to be put in iTunes library, which will make the iTunes library unmanageably large.

I don't think VLC can access networked drive or computer....

hope someone can help me.