Cropping with instant handbrake

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
panchocheesecake

Cropping with instant handbrake

Post by panchocheesecake »

I ripped spiderman 2 (on superbit if that matters) but when i play it, it crops the entire movie constantly.

the audio and video is perfect, just when i watch it i dont see "spider2man"

i see "pider2ma"

also, in spiderman 1, it stops and quits in half of the movie at 55%!

I use instant handbrake beucase im not so technacally savy and i cant really understand the other versions.

What did i do wrong?

i have a imac 800mhz with 512 ram btw if it matters
mlhoward516

Post by mlhoward516 »

You probably have it set to rip as fullscreen. Change it to original, and then on your ipod, go to video settings and turn widescreen off. If that doesn't work, just get Handbrake Lite. I personally find that Handbrake Lite is a whole lot faster than both Handbrake or Instant Handbrake.
jbrjake
Veteran User

Post by jbrjake »

mlhoward516, please understand that HandBrake Lite is not produced by the HandBrake development team, is not in any way supported by us, and is laughably out of date.

Similarly, panchocheesecake, Instant HandBrake is not produced by the current HandBrake development team, is not in any way supported by us, and is laughably out of date. For example, I cannot even begin to help you with it as I've never used the app.
panchocheesecake

Post by panchocheesecake »

then it really shouldnt be up for download now should it?
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

panchocheesecake wrote:then it really shouldnt be up for download now should it?
Why, yes it should, as it was once supported as a HandBrake app and therefore might be desirable to some. We simply do not support it officially as a development team at this time. That, however does not mean there are some that might still want it available to them, or that there might be some long time Instant HandBrake users that might be able to help you.

jbrjake was just suggesting that you upgrade to the latest. Its up to you.