Problem with 0.8.5

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
scottmar818

Problem with 0.8.5

Post by scottmar818 »

Since I was having the audio issues with 0.7.1, I went ahead and downloaded Handbrake 0.8.5.

I opened up the stuff it file, and the information was in an icon that looks like a flash drive. I open up 0.8.5. It read the DVD I have loaded in, but won't let me do anything. It shows up saying the length of the first track, but Handbrake isn't lit up. It's all gray (like it is when it's ripping), but it won't give me the option to rip.

Any ideas?

FYI I have a Mac OSX 10.3.9
deckeda
Enlightened

Post by deckeda »

Hi Scott. If you're referring to the current release, 0.8.5b1 (around here the details matter ...) I don't think it'll work for you --- it doesn't make nice with 10.3 because some features were added that require 10.4.

I can't speak to the issue of the incorrect icon however.
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

I think the "icon" is the mounted disk image. That is fine, but as was said, HB is no longer Panther compatible, unfortunately.
brucea001

MacUpdate has 0.8.5b1 Listed Wrong!

Post by brucea001 »

Hello,

I just read this post and I think someone needs to contact MacUpdate because they have the new 0.8.5b1 listed as 10.3.9 compatible. I have the same gray screen...

Thank you for this great program and I can't wait till I get a new Mac with 10.4...

Have a good one!