Handbrake files with multiple audiotracks back to DVD

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
cliff

Handbrake files with multiple audiotracks back to DVD

Post by cliff »

Hi everybody

I really, really like the new handbrake - I especially enjoy the function, that one can include more than one languange into the ripped file.

Here comes my problem/question: When I make a mp4 file with two stereo .acc audio tracks this works fine for viewing it in the vlc player, where I can select a track and the only hear the chosen language, but when I try to open the file in Quicktime I hear both audiotracks at once, so one can't understand anything. Since I almost always use vlc this wouldn't really be a problem, BUT when I convert and burn one of these files in Toast (8.0.1 Titanium) to a dvd, I again only get two audiostreams at once.
I've tried all kinds of settings, from stereo to dolby pro logic II and so on, but no luck. When I change th audio settings to MP3 instead of acc, I get both channels in the vlc player, but only one of them in quicktime/toast, which is an advantage, because one at least can understand something, but not really what I want to have. :cry:
baggss

Post by baggss »

I'd recommend just using MTR and Toast to make DVD copies and leave HB for creating files that can be viewed on your Mac. HB isn't really designed to create files that will be burned back to a DVD, although one can do so.
whimpers
Experienced

Post by whimpers »

If you still want to do this, you can open your file in QuickTime Pro and go to Movie properties. Delete the audio track you don't want to use and save as a self-contained movie, you can use that with Toast. If you don't have QuickTime Pro, you can use QT Sync to remove one of the audio tracks and save as a self-contained movie.
MacBauer

the other way

Post by MacBauer »

>Whimpers and baggss

My problem is the other way of Cliff's one
I have tried to rip the show with audio track 2 which have two kinds of audio (track 1 and 2), but only ripped and played with track 1 both in VLC and QuickTime Pro, no matther which you choose "Track 2: English (AC3) (Dolby Surrond) and "English (AC3) (5.1 ch)" with "Track 1: None" under Audio& Subtitles bar. Also according to VLC menu, track 2 was not recognized (only track 1 is selectable-> this doesn't make sense)

Thing is ripping is operated from the show which are already saved in HDD with MacRipper instead of from original DVD media (I dont remember which version of MacRipper was used (2.6.6 or 3.0). HandBreak I use for ripping is latest version 0.8.5b1

any advice?

thanks
Mac :(
Last edited by MacBauer on Fri May 11, 2007 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mduell
Veteran User

Re: the other way

Post by mduell »

MacBauer wrote:any advice?
Write in a normal font size so you don't annoy the rest of the forum users.