All versions crash except for new that wont scan

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Mycatz2

All versions crash except for new that wont scan

Post by Mycatz2 »

before I start, no I can't put the activity log because all the older versions I've tried downloading crash at "opening source" before I can grab the information. Now the newest 0.9.4 one, I can download but it keeps promoting me to download VLN which I've done. Then when I re-prompt Handbrake to start again it tells me to keep downloading the same VLN I've already done. I'm not sure why the older versions are freezing on me at the start of scannng the disc and the newest one is not opening because it won't read that I downloaded what it said.

I've got a 2006 version MacBook, if that helps. And if someone can tell me HOW to grab the activity log before it crashes I can add that too. ANy help is appreciated. I've been using this program since 2006, so I would love to continue using it.
baggss

Re: All versions crash except for new that wont scan

Post by baggss »

Users > Your Profile Name > Library > Applications Support > Handbrake > Encode Logs > File for encode/crash in question.
Dudimus24

Post by Dudimus24 »

I am having the same problem. The problem is that you probably downloaded the 64 bit handbrake version, while the newest VLC player is only available in a 32 bit version, so they are incompatible to each other, and it keeps telling you to download the proper version. I don't know what they are going to do, or why there hasn't been more talk about this problem, as it renders handbrake unusable.
jbrjake
Veteran User

Post by jbrjake »

Dudimus24 wrote:I don't know what they are going to do, or why there hasn't been more talk about this problem, as it renders handbrake unusable.
A: It's covered in the FAQ
B: Your extreme exaggeration is laughably wrong. It in no way "renders handbrake unusable" seeing how HB decodes unscrambled video, and for scrambled video you have the option of using one of several DVD decrypting utilities available, downloading old 64-bit builds of VLC or, as you read in the FAQ, using FairMount with your 32-bit copy of VLC.
Rain

Post by Rain »

I downloaded the 32-bit version of Handbrake and all seems fine now.