After encoding and import to iTunes

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
yogibear34
Experienced

After encoding and import to iTunes

Post by yogibear34 »

Hi,

I know this isn't strictly a Handbrake issue, but only users of Handbrake will be able to help.
I've encoded movies and their extra features.
I've imported them all to iTunes, named them as the same album, programme, season, etc.
When I view them in Cover Flow and List, they are grouped together, but if I view them in Grid they are all scattered about.
How do I get a movie and it's extra features to appear under one thumbnail in the Grid view?
And how do I get the them to appear under one thumbnail on an iPod - like TV Seasons (with needing to class my movies as TV Seasons)?

Regards
Chris_BBR
Novice

Re: After encoding and import to iTunes

Post by Chris_BBR »

The iTunes tutorials and "Instant Expert" articles at http://www.ilounge.com should help you out here.

Cheers, Chris
yogibear34
Experienced

Post by yogibear34 »

Thanks Chris but they don't have any info on what I want to do,

regards
Chris_BBR
Novice

Post by Chris_BBR »

Sorry you didn't find an immediate answer there. Even so, as you appear to have a specific issue relating to iTunes rather than HandBrake, you might get an answer (or a workaround) from the iLounge forums more quickly than posting your query here.

Cheers, Chris
yogibear34
Experienced

Post by yogibear34 »

Hi,

Have already tried there?
I know the problem is iTunes specific but users of Handbrake are a better help because many will obviously have tried this.

Cheers though.
baggss

Post by baggss »

yogibear34 wrote:Hi,

Have already tried there?
I know the problem is iTunes specific but users of Handbrake are a better help because many will obviously have tried this.

Cheers though.
Maybe. It's very subjective though. I personally HATE cover-flow, I feel it's the worst way to look at you collection, but my Library is HUGE so maybe it's just me.
Chris_BBR
Novice

Post by Chris_BBR »

baggss wrote:I personally HATE cover-flow, I feel it's the worst way to look at you collection, but my Library is HUGE so maybe it's just me.
Not just you! I'm a 'list view' kind of guy too. The only place cover-flow is actually quite useful is the 'shelf' feature of the latest AppleTV OS. But then, a 40GB ATV, synced not streamed, is by definition a very small subset of an otherwise similarly huge collection.

Cheers, Chris
yogibear34
Experienced

Post by yogibear34 »

I can live with (barely :)) not being able to group in Grid view, but it's a pain the disorganised way a movie and it's extras are on an iPod.

The only solution I can see is to reclassify them as a TV Show just before syncing. I guess it won't ever be any other way since Apple can't actually help us with this.
Chris_BBR
Novice

Post by Chris_BBR »

Info from http://www.macintouch.com/readerreports ... c4570.html:

Although generally used for TV shows, the "Show" field (iTunes->Get Info->Video) works with movies as well. On the AppleTV, this then makes movies with the same "Show" data (e.g. a main feature plus DVD extras) appear together under a submenu in "Movies" rather than as individual movies, just like TV episodes get grouped by series name under "TV Shows". You can then use "Sort Name" (iTunes->Get Info->Sorting) to have the movies appear in the right running order within that submenu.

Might this also work in the same way on your iPod?

Cheers, Chris