Green Video with 0.9.4

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
adamcole83

Green Video with 0.9.4

Post by adamcole83 »

Alright, so I have the latest MacBook Pro as of December 2009 with OS X 10.6.2. It's the 15" with 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB Memory, etc etc etc. I am having video issues when encoding ANY DVD movie. I have included an image link below to show you what I mean. I have tried Handbrake 0.9.4 64-Bit with VLC 1.0.2 64-Bit and VLC 1.0.4 64-Bit (Nightly Build) and I've tried the 32-Bit versions of both. I have ALSO tried Handbrake 0.9.3 with VLC 1.0.3 32-Bit and all of them are having the same problems. I can watch DVDs just fine and I can burn them just fine as well. Is there something I'm missing or is there an issue I'm not aware of? Could it be my drive?

rhester
Veteran User

Re: Green Video with 0.9.4

Post by rhester »

Without an activity log, it's difficult to say whether you are failing decryption (remember VLC must be in /Applications, not ~/Applications, and not in a subfolder!) or a region lock.

Rodney
adamcole83

Post by adamcole83 »

How do I get an error log and I just drag it to my applications folder, how do I know which one it's in?
rhester
Veteran User

Post by rhester »

See the large red box at the top of every forum on how to submit an activity log.

"Your" Applications folder is ~/Applications, you should copy the VLC binary to /Applications (the system Applications folder).

Rodney