Ripping Fight Club - please help!!!!

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
mrmugno
Novice

Ripping Fight Club - please help!!!!

Post by mrmugno »

Has anyone EVER ripped Fight Club successfully.

I have been trying for days unsuccessfully through multiple options, of which an output with unplayable chapters exists.

MTR2.6.6 has been used and doesn't work either. I know, I know, this is not the forum for MTR, but I figured since their forum has proved unhelpful, perhaps the experts under these forums could shed some light on a successful rip????

Please help or point me in the right direction.
baggss

Post by baggss »

Are you trying to play it, burn it back to DVD or rip it with HandBrake?
mrmugno
Novice

Post by mrmugno »

Thanks for your quick reply baggss.

Primarily I want to rip it with HandBrake for TV quality playback. Burning to DVD would be fine as well.

HB can not do a proper scan of the title, only generating a 16 second file.

MTR2.6.6 full disc and main feature (padding VOBs) generates an output where random section do not play back on Apple's DVD player.

I assume this will not properly encode using HB.
clee

Re: Ripping Fight Club - please help!!!!

Post by clee »

mrmugno wrote:Has anyone EVER ripped Fight Club successfully.

I have been trying for days unsuccessfully through multiple options, of which an output with unplayable chapters exists.

MTR2.6.6 has been used and doesn't work either. I know, I know, this is not the forum for MTR, but I figured since their forum has proved unhelpful, perhaps the experts under these forums could shed some light on a successful rip????

Please help or point me in the right direction.
Which copy of Fight Club do you have? The original two-disc copy or the more recent version from Wal-Mart?

I've got the original two-disc version and it rips fine on my MacBook (non-Pro)....

Do you have any other machines you could try ripping it on?
mrmugno
Novice

Post by mrmugno »

Hi Clee,

It is a used version bought from Blockbuster... :( It's only one disc.

I do not have any other machines and I am only moderately computer savvy with all of this.

I presume this is beyond HB (not to take anything away from it's greatness) and I will need to "donate" to MTR3 because 2.6.6 is just not working for me and I am finding very little help.