Disney UP DVD won't rip like all the rest

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
coryshubert

Disney UP DVD won't rip like all the rest

Post by coryshubert »

Hi forum,

I tried to rip my copy of UP tonight and it wouldn't work. I have been ripping all my DVDs to use my Apple TV as my hub, but this one is throwing the first error I have seen.

Here is what the activity log says:

Code: Select all

[23:09:55] macgui: Handbrake Version: 0.9.3 (2008112300)
[23:09:55] hb_init: checking cpu count
[23:09:55] hb_init: starting libhb thread
[23:09:55] hb_init: checking cpu count
[23:09:55] hb_init: starting libhb thread
[23:10:21] macgui: trying to open video_ts folder (video_ts folder chosen)
[23:10:21] macgui: trying to open a physical dvd at: /Volumes/UP/VIDEO_TS
[23:10:21] macgui: VLC app found for decrypting physical dvd
[23:10:21] hb_scan: path=/dev/disk5, title_index=0
[23:10:21] scan: trying to open with libdvdread
[23:10:24] scan: DVD has 99 title(s)
[23:10:24] scan: scanning title 1
[23:10:25] scan: opening IFO for VTS 1
[23:10:25] pgc_id: 1, pgn: 1: pgc: 0x16b9fcd0
[23:10:25] scan: vts=1, ttn=1, cells=0->0, blocks=0->15, 16 blocks
[23:10:25] scan: duration is 00:00:00 (76 ms)
[23:10:25] scan: ignoring title (too short)
[23:10:25] scan: scanning title 2
[23:10:25] scan: opening IFO for VTS 2

*** libdvdread: CHECK_VALUE failed in ifo_read.c:1144 ***
*** for vts_ptt_srpt->title[i].ptt[j].pgn != 0 ***
Anyone else had this issue? I guess I will just set it aside and move on to the rest until I hear back on what I can try. Toy Story 2 didn't have this issue, but maybe because this is so new they have added some new trick to the mix to foul up HandBrake?

thanks for the great app,

Cory
Last edited by dynaflash on Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: please enclose logs in code blocks
TedJ
Veteran User

Re: Disney UP DVD won't rip like all the rest

Post by TedJ »

Upgrade to Handbrake 0.9.4 - it uses the new libdvdnav library which is confirmed to work with this title.

http://forum.handbrake.fr/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12995
cadamm

Post by cadamm »

I traced the main feature to Track 37 and did a Title Specific rip. Unfortunately my backup ends at 1h35m which is not the whole movie. I'd look at the track times but MTR 2.6.6, MTR 3.0r14, and HB 0.9.4 all hang while scanning the disc :( Any ideas?
TedJ
Veteran User

Post by TedJ »

http://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/SupportFA ... bledscenes

Don't pre-rip with MacTheRipper... just use DVD Player.app to determine the correct title, the use Handbrake's "Open (Title Specific)" option to open that title straight from the DVD.
cadamm

Post by cadamm »

Unfortunately, that's exactly how I singled out Title 37, DVD Player reported it was playing Title 37. Doing at Title Specific rip of it only yields part of the movie :(
CLMass

Post by CLMass »

I've read the two recommendations -- made sure my version of HandBrake was up-to-date and tried opening from the DVD title -- but have had no luck. The copy on my system continues to have the chapters out of order. Any other recommendations? Similar to the original post, this hasn't happened for me wtih any other movies
Regardless, I still love the application -- Thanks!
astrorider

Post by astrorider »

My DVD used TItle 31 (not 37). Do some DVDs really use Title 37 as shown by DVD Player?

I ran Handbrake directly on the DVD itself using Title 31 and a quick scan through the file appears to show the chapters in the correct order.
baggss

Post by baggss »

astrorider wrote:My DVD used TItle 31 (not 37). Do some DVDs really use Title 37 as shown by DVD Player?

I ran Handbrake directly on the DVD itself using Title 31 and a quick scan through the file appears to show the chapters in the correct order.
It may depend on the region....
jwsc1962

Post by jwsc1962 »

I'm ripping with Handbrake 0.9.4 using the basic AppleTV settings on a 27" Snow Leopard iMac. But I'm having the same issue with chapters being out of order. I read the posts above but did not understand how title selection might cause this. I also attempted to rip the new Star Trek movie with the same results. But the movies "300" and The Iron Giant came out fine.
tattoos

Post by tattoos »

Wait, I Should know the answer to this, Seeing how I am Steaming over 2Tb of Video to my apple tv, but here goes.

I am having problems lately ripping Disney and Other Dvds that show 99 possible tracks, in this forum it is suggested that I should use Dvd player.app to identify the correct trap to rip

Can someone point me into the direction of a guide or more information on the App mention and how to identify the correct tracks.

Hell, I only learned about "send file to MetaX" tonight, After a year of typing in all the tags and search in for artwork myself (not entirely a bad thing seeing how I have a lot of original posters), So be easy on me.
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

Thread Locked. This is getting absolutely ridiculous.

You've been given the answer. We are not here to teach you how to use a DVD player or DVD playing application.

FAQ Entry for anyone who misses it: http://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/SupportFA ... bledscenes