Which format to use for big screen

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
kpfriedberg

Which format to use for big screen

Post by kpfriedberg »

I do not own apple tv, so i have been ripping my dvd collection to view on two medium - iphone and my big screen plasma. i don't own apple tv, and have been using the 'high quality, film' format for ripping for my big screen. question is, is this the right format? i don't have anything to get these ripped dvds onto my bigscreen, but there are options out there, i just want to use the format that a) is most flexible with equip out there and b) will preserve the experience closest to the actual DVD.

Thanks, newbie with this obviously.
Lostless
Bright Spark User

Re: Which format to use for big screen

Post by Lostless »

I use the apple "universal" setting. Makes movies that are compatible with apple TV, Xbox360, ps3, WDTV, Ipods.I just turn off the ac3 passthrough track as my only change as it causes issues with anything not apple like xbox or ps3. The quality is very near the original DVDs. If you sit at proper viewing distance of your TV, you'll be hard pressed to see any difference.