Green & white boxes in video

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
G2east

Green & white boxes in video

Post by G2east »

My Videos have Green & white boxes in the encoded video This is also seen in the preview screen in "Picture settings" Any instructions? I pasted the activity log in the Handbrake pastebin.
s55
HandBrake Team

Re: Green & white boxes in video

Post by s55 »

want to provide a url? I don't see it on our pastebin.
2manydjs

Post by 2manydjs »

Can you play the DVD with DVD Player.app? If not, your DVD player is probably set to the wrong region and you should get a warning on this. If you can play it there is probably a problem with VLC's css decoding. (Try playing the DVD in VLC, do you get the same blocks?)

I would advise to delete the ~/.dvdcss folder. You can do this easily in the terminal:

Code: Select all

rm -R ~/.dvdcss
G2east

Post by G2east »

Works fine in VLC & DVD app.
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

Please provide a URL to your log.
rhester
Veteran User

Post by rhester »

Green and white boxes are *always* a sign of encrypted content. Make sure you have VLC installed in /Applications (not ~/Applications!) and make sure the "bitness" matches the version of HandBrake you are using (32-bit or 64-bit).

Rodney
G2east

Post by G2east »

Thank you. I will try both suggestions. I don't know how to check or change the "bitness" in VLC though. Please help.
TedJ
Veteran User

Post by TedJ »

All Rodney was referring to was that if you've downloaded the 64bit edition of Handbrake, you need a 64bit edition of VLC as well for decryption to work. You can check both apps from their "About..." menu items.