The Departed Ripping Problem

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
madmax019

The Departed Ripping Problem

Post by madmax019 »

I am trying to rip the Departed Movie which I do over night. in the morning i only have 500MB file that doesnt open and a closed HandBrake.

is that a copy protection? or a error of handbrake? bug?

these were my settings:

MPEG-4 Video with AAC Audio

ffMPEG encoder

highest picture settings in aspect ratio

from dolby 5.1 i convert to simply stereo with no subtitles

should i simply try again? i have never had problems with handbrake so i am just wondering!

max
deckeda
Enlightened

Re: The Departed Ripping Problem

Post by deckeda »

madmax019 wrote:should i simply try again?
You might see if there's any sort of thread around here with "READ ME 1st if a specific DVD won't rip" in the subject line.

If my sarcasm seems unwarranted, so be it, but despite what you want there are sometimes no quick and easy answers, even after reading, but that's still step 1.
madmax019

thank you

Post by madmax019 »

thank you for pointing me into the right direction!

it does seem to be a zero-cell dvd - although i do not believe it.

to add - instead of giving me some "look next time" answer you could have just given me the link. this spamming is ridiculous - i am not trying to do so.

:roll: :x
deckeda
Enlightened

Re: thank you

Post by deckeda »

madmax019 wrote:it does seem to be a zero-cell dvd - although i do not believe it.
Faith isn't necessary. The latest MacTheRipper, DVD2OneX or even YadeX should all be able to report with conviction if the title has 0MB cells.
madmax019 wrote: to add - instead of giving me some "look next time" answer you could have just given me the link.
Feed you once, rather than teach you to fish? Nah. What would happen the next time you had a question and I wasn't here?
baggss

Post by baggss »

Problem solved.....