Snow Leopard Compiler

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
PsychoSid

Snow Leopard Compiler

Post by PsychoSid »

Hello,

Has the new Xcode compiler stuff in SL (Clang etc) been tried with HB - does it, or is it expected to produce any tangible benefits ? I know GCD and OpenCL aren't

Just curious ?

Cheers
PS
dynaflash
Veteran User

Re: Snow Leopard Compiler

Post by dynaflash »

throws a few warnings but thats about it. what benefits were you expecting ?
refulgentis
Bright Spark User

Post by refulgentis »

Do you have any tips on getting it working with clang? I can't for the life of me, it fails out in linking with some libmkv error, and even getting that far requires some mucking around (explicitly telling libmp4v2 to use g++ as the C++ compiler, for example)

I'm building through Terminal, Xcode seems too broken to work (it says it's missing every single contrib lib and it can't find libtool...).

Not sure what to expect, other than vastly improved compile times, there's anecdotal claims of speed-ups during the presentation at WWDC about it, but I think something as asm-heavy as HandBrake wouldn't benefit much anyway.
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

well at least in my case after one build with terminal, hitting the build button in xcode works just fine.

Run and analyze works as well.