Queue function not working well

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
mooky

Queue function not working well

Post by mooky »

I have this trouble with mediafork and queue encoding. Im doing 2-pass Xvid, 1000 kbps with interlacing. On TV shows (30 min lor less) i can queue up 30 jobs and it works just fine. But with movies (or shows over 1 hour) the enocoder does the first title and then doesnt continue on....it keeps working but doesn't make any progress and no new file is made. Its pretty consistent no matter what movie i try. I can basically encode them one at a time but just not queue t up to do them all at once. Is this possibly a hardware limitation (mac mini 1.66 dual core with 1 GB RAM?)

Thanks
cbud
Bright Spark User

Post by cbud »

Sounds like something to do with your Energy Saver preferences. Turn them all off except Put Display to Sleep.
NewGuy

Post by NewGuy »

I'm having a somewhat similar problem with queued titles and Handbrake 8.5 but it appears to be just processing time rather than failure to process. The first movie takes close to the normal running time of the movie (say 90 minutes), the second takes twice the normal running time and the third takes roughly 4 times the normal running time - the progression is nearly exponential. Last night I queued up three movies and 12 hours later the last one is at 77% complete.