Need help trying to disable special features on The Hustler

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
AlteredBeast

Need help trying to disable special features on The Hustler

Post by AlteredBeast »

While trying to rip The Hustler DVD, I looked through the Video Preview to see about any possible problems with the video and noticed that a special feature, by default turned off when you actually watch the movie, is turned on when trying to rip the DVD. The feature is called the "Trick Shot Analysis" and it involves a pool pro to appear in a little box whenever Paul Newman or Jackie Gleason attempts any sort of trick shot. The Pro then gives his analysis of the shot. What a bunch of garbage. As far as I can see, there is no way for me to disable this feature from auto-selecting. Anyone have any ideas on what I can do to properly rip this movie without the annoyances?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
rhester
Veteran User

Re: Need help trying to disable special features on The Hustler

Post by rhester »

This sounds like an issue with a seamless branching multi-angle title and HandBrake does not allow selection of angles.

Without an activity log (see large red box above your post), it's impossible to say for sure.

Rodney
belloq
Bright Spark User

Post by belloq »

Are you sure you're ripping the correct title? Make sure by watching it in the DVD Player app first, playing the "version" without it turned on, then note the Title under the Go menu. Make sure you're ripping that same title.

And, also, of course, whatever Rodney says, too.
JohnAStebbins
HandBrake Team

Post by JohnAStebbins »

Next release of handbrake will allow angle selection when the dvdnav preference is enabled.
AlteredBeast

Post by AlteredBeast »

Any ETA on when the next Handbrake is coming out?
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

Nope. There may be a snapshot in the near future though.
vhase

Post by vhase »

Actually, Handbrake shows the incorrect angle on the preview, but rips the film with the correct angle - you will have no trouble with "pool boy..." :)

However, you WILL need to use anti-aliasing, as, unfortunately, those multi-angle sections have been created and edited in video (both with AND without the Pro commentary) - while the rest of the film is a direct transfer. Bad choice, in my opinion, you can actually see the quality change watching the DVD.