Runtime Revolution Tool For HandBrake

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Nonsanity

Runtime Revolution Tool For HandBrake

Post by Nonsanity »

Is there anyone out there that uses both Runtime Revolution and HandBreak? If so, I'll be happy to share my automation project in exchange for some feedback. It's very, very rough around the edges, not a final product by any means. If you want to adjust its encoding settings, for intance, you'll have to dive into the scripts. But it will monitor a folder for new DVD rips (from RipIt or MTR) and automatically rip every title with appropriate settings. All I have to do usually is feed RipIt the discs. I've gotten the tool to the point that I don't need to mess with it much at all. I even got it to send an SMS to my iPhone if one of the rips is unreadable (so I can clean the disc and re-rip before it gets lost in our - mostly unsorted - DVD archives) (and by archives I mean stacks of spindles).

My particular settings (which CAN be adjusted by those that know HyperTalk and it's Rev descendant used here) are designed to work on iPhone and computer (hooked to HDTV via VGA) in stereo (for the iPhone) and 6-channel surround (for the TV and stereo receiver), with all commentary tracks preserved. All the extras come too, though some are just useless logo clips.

I'm working on cleaning up my media player app for a more general release, and it works with the output from this tool project to allow me to rename, associate the movie with its IMDB records, give it a poster image, label the extras, delete the fluff titles, and index it all with the rest of my jukeboxed movie collection for easy playback - all with a simple remote (and Keyspan IR receiver). That'll take me a while longer, though. It works now, though that is the pirmary cause of the delay, oddly enough. Once one of my projects works for ME, it takes more effort to FINISH it...

Anyway... Revolution users, drop me a note! :)

~ Nonsanity