APPLE TV DOES NOT SUPPORT THE FORMAT

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
tampa2009

APPLE TV DOES NOT SUPPORT THE FORMAT

Post by tampa2009 »

Hi All,
I am new to HandBrake. I clicked on the APPLE TV Presets, but then noticed the Constant Quality and the Bitrate were low. Once I changed one of these the Constant Quality to 100% and the Bitrate to 2500 it changed the Output Settings to Custom. I left HandBrake alone and went to bed when I woke up the process was done. I dragged and drop the file into iTunes, it played wonderfully, but for some reason it did not sync to my AppleTV, it stated it was not supported. I was wondering if someone would please not mind helping me out. I am extremely slow at times when it comes to this, I have been reading forum after forum, but still cannot find an answer that I will understand. Thank you in advance. :( :( :( :( :( :(
nightstrm
Veteran User

Re: APPLE TV DOES NOT SUPPORT THE FORMAT

Post by nightstrm »

Don't play with the settings if you don't know what they do.

There are numerous threads where developers and moderators state that the highest recommended CQ value for DVD sources is 62-63%, and less for HD sources (55-59%).

For future reference:

http://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/ConstantQuality
http://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/CRFGuide
lone_tree
Experienced

Post by lone_tree »

Listen to the Mod. I never go over 61% on my encodes. Did you check your resulting file size? At 100% constant quality your file had to be HUGE. Just do the Universal preset and forget it. If you want, drag the quality up to 61 or 62, but don't touch anything else.
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

tampa2009 wrote: I clicked on the APPLE TV Presets, but then noticed the Constant Quality and the Bitrate were low. Once I changed one of these the Constant Quality to 100% and the Bitrate to 2500 it changed the Output Settings to Custom
ah, see if that was advisable (or in this case even remotely plausible) we would have used 100% CQ instead of 59% CQ for the built in preset, wouldn't we ?