IHB Two-Pass Mode

Archive of historical development discussions
Discussions / Development has moved to GitHub
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

scaife

IHB Two-Pass Mode

Post by scaife »

Does anyone see a reason why we couldn't implement 2-pass encoding in IHB? I prefer the click-and-go of Instant but the two-pass in standard.

I replaced in the convertGo: method the following:

Code: Select all

hb_add( fHandle, job );
with this:

Code: Select all

job->pass = 1;
hb_add( fHandle, job );
job->pass = 2; 
hb_add( fHandle, job );
After trying a couple of things, it looks like it is doing what I intended (it should, since I ripped it straight from standard HB). I was looking into making it to where if you held down the command key the Convert button would change to say "Two-Pass"-- and clicking it in this state would process it in two pass mode. Normal users will never know the difference, but for those who like it, it is a non-issue to activate.

I tried to pull this off tonight but either I am too tired or too inexperienced to get much further.

Any ideas?[/code]
scaife

Post by scaife »

I tried today to subclass NSView to override the keyDown: and keyUp: methods with no success.

The more I think about it, I think this is something that could more easily be implemented if we merge into the unified (basic/advanced) gui. In the meantime I'll patch the source for myself ;)