Sweeping changes to LinGui presets

Archive of historical development discussions
Discussions / Development has moved to GitHub
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

JohnAStebbins
HandBrake Team

Sweeping changes to LinGui presets

Post by JohnAStebbins »

I can almost read the macui presets plist directly. It works as long as you don't mind loosing the audio settings. When I told Joe how I did audio's, he thought he might be interested in doing the same. So I'm holding off on those for a bit to see if he's really interested.

Every key and many values changed. So I'm considering ignoring backwards compatibility. Since there's been no release yet, and only around 400 snapshot users, the impact shouldn't be too bad. I've tested that it at least doesn't crash when loading an older presets file. But it whipes out any custom presets. Anyone have any strong emotions about this?

Although I read the macui presets, what I write has small differences. The macui writes several checkbox values as integers. I write them as booleans. I can change that if reading a bool into an int isn't transparent on the mac. But its a little extra work.

Here's a sample of my presets.
http://handbrake.fr/pastebin/pastebin.php?show=122
Polygon
Novice

Re: Sweeping changes to LinGui presets

Post by Polygon »

Hi!

I guess im one of the 400 snapshot users who noticed the new changes =)

I just compiled revision 1848 for linux and I cannot find the DSQ preset, have you just not added them all in yet?
jbrjake
Veteran User

Post by jbrjake »

I removed DSQ from the preset list. There were too many, and they needed to be pruned down. Like I had dynaflash put on the Trac:
The nested presets commit wrote:--- no more blind, broke, bedlam, or deux six quatre presets
--- detelecine and decomb for animation and television high profile presets
--- new x264 settings for most presets, which are still in a state of flux
--- iPod Hi-Rez renamed iPod Legacy, iPod Low-Rez renamed iPod Classic & iPod Nano, iPhone / iPod Touch renamed iPhone & iPod Touch
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

JohnAStebbins wrote:When I told Joe how I did audio's, he thought he might be interested in doing the same. So I'm holding off on those for a bit to see if he's really interested.
I am and I will put them in an array, been distracted with some other stuff, but will get there. Nice. :)