Help Building Release 70

Archive of historical development discussions
Discussions / Development has moved to GitHub
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

jab

Help Building Release 70

Post by jab »

I am trying to build the current release of Handbrake from SVN to no avail. I've checked out rev 70. I've also installed jam and nasm using darwin ports. I've modified the contrib/Jamfile to force it to use Mac OS X and X86 following instrusctions on the net. Then I run ./configure && jam and let it go for a while. It eventually errors out with the following error.

Code: Select all

gcc -c -o libhb/encxvid.o -Wall -g -O3 -funroll-loops -I./contrib/include -DSYS_DARWIN -DHB_VERSION=\"0.7.1a1\" -DHB_BUILD=20060923 -D__LIBHB__ -Ilibhb libhb/encxvid.c

...failed Cc libhb/encxvid.o ...
Cc libhb/muxavi.o 
Cc libhb/enclame.o 
Cc libhb/muxogm.o 
libhb/muxogm.c: In function 'OGMInit':
libhb/muxogm.c:208: warning: pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness
Cc libhb/encvorbis.o 
Cc libhb/dvd.o 
...skipped libhb.a for lack of libhb.a(hb.o)...
Cc test/test.o 
...skipped HBTest for lack of libhb.a...
...skipped HandBrake.app for lack of libhb.a...
...failed updating 11 target(s)...
...skipped 5 target(s)...
...updated 42 target(s)...
Any help and pointers on building the source to test it out would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jason
rhester
Veteran User

Post by rhester »

Chris is the resident MacOS X expert, but is there anything written between

gcc -c -o libhb/encxvid.o -Wall -g -O3 -funroll-loops -I./contrib/include -DSYS_DARWIN -DHB_VERSION=\"0.7.1a1\" -DHB_BUILD=20060923 -D__LIBHB__ -Ilibhb libhb/encxvid.c

and

...failed Cc libhb/encxvid.o ...

?

This may be part of the Jamfile hacking Chris had to do (but has not yet committed).

Rodney
jab

Post by jab »

I have pm'ed you the output of the full compile run. It is not a clean build. I'm not to familiar with jam, so if you need me to do a clean first please let me know how to do it and I'll pass along those results.

Jason
rhester
Veteran User

Post by rhester »

Responded via PM - unfortunately, this is part of the Chris code change I don't have yet.

Rodney
banggun

Post by banggun »

I'm having the exact same problem, seems it has to do something with nasm. I also found a similar problem posted earlier on the official handbrake forum here:

http://handbrake.m0k.org/forum/viewtopi ... ight=macho
johnallen
Experienced

Post by johnallen »

I am also having difficulty compiling the trunk. It looks as if the ffmpeg libraries, specifically libavcodec.a, are not getting compiled via jam.

When I compile ffmpeg from within the contrib/ffmpeg folder, all libs compile. I then copied them to the contrib/lib folder and finally got HB to compile. However, when debugging HB under XCode, I get the following message at the console continuously:

[mp2 @ 0x573524]header missing skiping one byte