Committed svn rev76

Archive of historical development discussions
Discussions / Development has moved to GitHub
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

dynaflash
Veteran User

Committed svn rev76

Post by dynaflash »

Went ahead and committed rev 76.

This is part of my three stage plan. rev 76 enables drivedetector (current) and also, uses the dvd name instead of /rev /.... in both the popup as well as the main window at the top.

Also, upon choosing AVC/h.264, x264 Baseline level 3.0 is chosen by default. I took the liberty of assuming that most users are using baseline due to its iPod capabilities. I also nixed level 1.3 as per rhesters earlier comments.

Most of this default stuff I am working very hard to make a moot point with the preferences system.

First time using svn checkin so am now checking it out to make sure it builds good from scratch.

I figure if all goes well, I can do another GUI checking after this if you guys download the binary I posted on the ftp site and decide it is worth incorporating into the svn.

Happy New Year!
johnallen
Experienced

Post by johnallen »

I updated with your mods. Seems to work fine.
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

johnallen,
couple of things about rapidsvn. Where do you put in the "author"? rhesters commits say "rhester".

Yours and mine say nothing. not that I want notoriety (or blame, as the case may be) but, it is nice to know who committed revs for reference.

Also, my gui says something in red about "admin area" I will get th exact copy from rapidsvn. and wont let me commit it.

Thanks for the help. I think maybe now our ships are sailing in the right direction.
johnallen
Experienced

Post by johnallen »

I believe it is because we are accessing the repo anonymously. See:
http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#no-author

If we really want this, and it would be nice, rhester would need to re-enable logins.
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

Makes sense. No problem.
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

One other quick question if you will. The new gui is in a separate file than my svn Working Copy specifically MainMenu.nib . Anyone have a clue how to replace the rev 76 one in my working copy with my external (newer) one without giving subversion fits ?

I would really rather not start over if I can help it. Did it before I realized how fussy subversion is.

Thanks.
rb2k

Post by rb2k »

in case anybody wonders:

Using my macbook I had to download http://download.m0k.org/handbrake/jam-2.5rc3-OSX.zip and use this version of jam instead of the one in SVN.

compiling worked fine after that
johnallen
Experienced

Post by johnallen »

rb2k,

I want to understand which jam version you had a problem with...

The one included with XCode is in /Developer/Private/jam. This one is version 2.2.1 (run jam -v)

The one in the trunk of our svn is a UB of 2.5r3, which I downloaded and compiled on an Intel and PPC mac, then made a UB. This one reports version 2.5, when I run ./jam -v from the trunk.

Also you can see that it is a UB by calling: file ./jam.

Can you post the version jam reports for each of them?
rb2k

Post by rb2k »

As I didn't use xcode to compile Handbreak I'm afraid I can't.

this is what I did;

1. checked out the current svn
2. started ./jam --> error message that I had to run ./configure
3. started ./configure
4. started ./jam --> Error message while compiling something libavc related? (sorry... didn't write it down)
5. downloaded and replaced jam with the one from the URL I posted earlier
6. started ./jam
7. got a working handbreak.app
johnallen
Experienced

Post by johnallen »

dynaflash,

you could simply rename your new nib to MainMenu.nib and replace the one in your working copy. svn would keep the history of this file and we could revert back if necessary. Also we would not have to change any references in the XCode project file.
johnallen
Experienced

Post by johnallen »

rb2k, thanks for finding this problem with jam. The Intel version causes the compile fail. For now I replaced the UB version in svn with the PPC version. Should still work on all mac platforms.
Tobsen

Post by Tobsen »

jam from svn also does not work for me. I'm on an MacBook Pro.
The last lines from compile are:

Code: Select all

gcc -c -o libhb/decavcodec.o -Wall -g -O3 -funroll-loops -I./contrib/include -DSYS_DARWIN -DHB_VERSION=\"0.7.1a2\" -DHB_BUILD=20060923 -D__LIBHB__ -Ilibhb libhb/decavcodec.c

...failed Cc libhb/decavcodec.o ...
Cc libhb/encxvid.o 
Cc libhb/muxavi.o 
Cc libhb/enclame.o 
Cc libhb/muxogm.o 
libhb/muxogm.c: In function ‘OGMInit’:
libhb/muxogm.c:208: warning: pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness
Cc libhb/encvorbis.o 
Cc libhb/dvd.o 
...skipped libhb.a for lack of libhb.a(hb.o)...
Cc test/test.o 
...skipped HBTest for lack of libhb.a...
...skipped HandBrake.app for lack of libhb.a...
...failed updating 7 target(s)...
...skipped 5 target(s)...
...updated 46 target(s)...
jam from the link above works.
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

Same here. with jam. Old version works fine.
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

johnallen wrote:dynaflash,

you could simply rename your new nib to MainMenu.nib and replace the one in your working copy. svn would keep the history of this file and we could revert back if necessary. Also we would not have to change any references in the XCode project file.
exactly what i intended. But RapidSVN has problems wiht it. Not an issue, I just moved ahead wiht the working copy svn gui.

Hey, how has drive detection been working on rev76 ?

If everyone likes it. I suggest we try to figure out when we want to introduce another binary over on the official forums. According to mk2000 he got alot of hits on the version with the bad drive detector. I would mind getting one out in a UB that doesnt have that serious flaw.

I guess I am suggesting we maybe get kind of a rough roadmap together that everyone agrees more or less on.
rb2k

Post by rb2k »

dynaflash wrote: Hey, how has drive detection been working on rev76 ?
Is working fine for me with a DVD Folder from HDD atm :)

the last checkout somehow didn't detect the video_ts folder properly
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

dynaflash wrote:
johnallen wrote:dynaflash,

exactly what i intended. But RapidSVN has problems wiht it. Not an issue, I just moved ahead wiht the working copy svn gui.

Hey, how has drive detection been working on rev76 ?

If everyone likes it. I suggest we try to figure out when we want to introduce another binary over on the official forums. According to mk2000 he got alot of hits on the version with the bad drive detector. I wouldnt mind getting one out in a UB that doesnt have that serious flaw.

I guess I am suggesting we maybe get kind of a rough roadmap together that everyone agrees more or less on.