Can't compile latest source code

Archive of historical development discussions
Discussions / Development has moved to GitHub
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

DougH

Can't compile latest source code

Post by DougH »

I have a clean install of Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and only installed the necessary packages tobuild the toolchains. The toolchains built successfully without error.

Then I tried building HB from the most recent sources using the following command:

Code: Select all

./configure --cross=x86_64-w64-mingw32 --enable-fdk-aac --enable-x265 --enable-qsv --launch --launch-jobs=1
The make process runs for awhile but then haults after this particular set of instructions:

set -e; cd ./contrib/cmake/cmake-3.3.2/; CC=/home/douglas/toolchains//mingw-w64-x86_64/bin/x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc CFLAGS="-I/home/douglas/HandBrake/build/contrib/include -std=gnu99 -mfpmath=sse -msse2 -mno-ms-bitfields" CXX=/home/douglas/toolchains//mingw-w64-x86_64/bin/x86_64-w64-mingw32-g++ CXXFLAGS="-I/home/douglas/HandBrake/build/contrib/include -mfpmath=sse -msse2 -mno-ms-bitfields" CPPFLAGS="-I/home/douglas/HandBrake/build/contrib/include -mfpmath=sse -msse2 -mno-ms-bitfields" LDFLAGS="-L/home/douglas/HandBrake/build/contrib/lib " PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/home/douglas/HandBrake/build/contrib/lib/pkgconfig" ./configure --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32 --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --prefix=/home/douglas/HandBrake/build/contrib/ --no-qt-gui
Unknown option: --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32
../contrib/cmake/module.rules:2: recipe for target 'contrib/cmake/.stamp.configure' failed
The error message is:

make: *** [contrib/cmake/.stamp.configure] Error 1
time end: Thu Apr 13 22:32:57 2017
duration: 11 minutes, 36 seconds (696.80s)
result: FAILURE (code 2)
drizzle

Re: Can't compile latest source code

Post by drizzle »

Is cmake present in Ubuntu? If not, try installing cmake in Ubuntu, so Handbrake finds cmake and skips trying to compile its own local copy of cmake (that is failing for you).
sudo apt-get install cmake

You can see the /Handbrake/make/configure.py probing for what tools are present :-
/Handbrake/build/log/config.info.txt and config.verbose.txt

A message like " .. enabling local xxx" indicates Handbrake is compiling its own local copy of tool xxx

Its probably useful to check your Ubuntu also has autoconf, automake, libtool and pkg-config
DougH

Re: Can't compile latest source code

Post by DougH »

Thank you, that resolved the problem.