HB GUI working with the newer Drive Detection

Archive of historical development discussions
Discussions / Development has moved to GitHub
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

dynaflash
Veteran User

HB GUI working with the newer Drive Detection

Post by dynaflash »

Okay, I just got the HB gui working with the new drive detection. Am running a test right now. Have some clean up stuff to take care of in the code as far as some eye candy stuff, etc. But, so far, seems to rip okay.

As of right now, only changes are to ScanController.h and ScanController.mm. However, by the time I am done, I will probably have to modify Controller.mm as well. But, to be sure , we are close.

I will update more after a quick dinner out with the family.
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

So far so good. Just doing some more testing from the optical drive. Even short test take a bit with g4 ppc.

Seems disc access is all worked out (hopefully, I havent spoken too soon). Does seem to be a bit of a problem in terms of active and inactive on the opening scan window gui when you click the radio buttons for optical disk vs. browse file. But, I noticed that is also a remnant from svn rev.63. Should be easy enough to fix.

So far, changes involve:

macosx/ScanController.h
macosx/ScanController.mm
macosx/Controller.mm
macosx/English.Iproj/MainMenu.nib

Unlike my last crappy hack at getting HB to work, all mods are in the gui files and no need to change any core libhb files. This should allow us to move forward with HB and keep IHB happy and one with the world ;)

This also has some gui changes as far as layout. Nothing out of hand. I figure this should be enough to get all tested out and get the stamp of approval (or disapproval) as the case may be. Then I guess regroup from here and make some real forward progress.
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

Okay, All is ready to go. How do you guys want me to get this out for you to run through the ringer, svn, ftp site ?

I can check it into the svn if you want, but frankly I am new to svn so am afraid I may screw it up.

Otherwise, I could zip up the four files mentioned above and you could download them and just replace them.

I really do want you guys to try this out. I am using it and it is nice to have the drive detection working :)

Please Advise!
johnallen
Experienced

Post by johnallen »

dynaflash,

I use RapidSVN, http://rapidsvn.tigris.org/.

It has a really nice GUI, and you may find it less overwhelming.

It indicates differences from your working copy to the repository. It's also very easy to commit changes. If all your changes are in the macosx folder, simply highlight the folder and choose Modify->Commit from the menu.

Adding a comment to indicate what you changed would also be nice.
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

Heres a Screenshot:

dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

One other thing you guys.

My changes to date (as depicted in the screenshot) include drive detection for HB.

Also, as you can see, there is a gui change, as well as the dropping of h.264 level 1.3 ( as rhester commented, what is the point other than than to confuse people) since level 3.0 works for all 5+ G ipods.

So, the question is, do you guys want me to check in my changes in stages, or all at once.

We could do:
checkin one: Drive Detection
checkin two: gui
checkin three: change to h.264 dropdown.

Dont mean to overcomplicate things. But am just sensitive to the fact that this is everyones svn.
johnallen
Experienced

Post by johnallen »

That's actually a pretty good idea.
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

Okay, I am having trouble for a bit getting my Working Directory to compile my changes to HB. I am sure it is a file I am overlooking to replace but dont want to just replace everything cause I would not want to screw up johnallens upgrades to IHB.

So, in the meantime, I have uploaded a PPC (I cant make UB's since I dont have an intel machine) to our ftp site.

HandBrakeTest_0.7.1a4_PPC.zip

It is the exact one you see in the screenshot above. Please, those of you with PPC please check it out and tell me what you think. Meanwhile, I will figure out this svn stuff and if you like the changes you see in the binary, I will check them into the svn.

Looking for feedback.

Thanks,
Joe
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

Okay, got my svn client squared away with the new gui layout. It is the one you see earlier in this thread.

How do you guys want me to handle this? Do you want me to just commit it to the svn? Or do you want to try out the binary? Evaluate from screenshots? How do you see it (if at all) being incorporated to HB's roadmap?
johnallen
Experienced

Post by johnallen »

Check it in for us developers. And create a binary on the ftp site for the power users.