Handbrake for Android? & a way to have money for the team

Archive of historical development discussions
Discussions / Development has moved to GitHub
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

ni6hant
New User

Handbrake for Android? & a way to have money for the team

Post by ni6hant »

I genuienly think that you guys,whoever built this handbrake thing has done a great job,I totally love you guys BUT i kind of feel bad when downloading it for free,not that I have a lot of money to donate but I have an idea to generate income for you guys...

1)
I just thought it would be really cool to have handbrake for android devices which will require a lot of work because android devices work in a different way but considering how we are getting snapdragon processors and 64 bit processors I would suggest that it's time that handbrake should move to android.....

And take the same approach ppsspp did, make two versions,one with ads and other ad-free but paid....

2) Make a youtube channel on everything you know about android with a name like "handbrake guys"
cause you guys have really made the name 'handbrake' famous...there are about 269,000 videos for handbrake alone

I know it is a lot of work but what are the possibilities just consider it.

comment below as much as you all can so that the real guys who built handbrake could get the news...

& yes let me make this very clear, I don't actually want something in return for giving away this idea simply because you guys didn't asked for anything while I downloaded it for free :)

P.S- If I can be of any help you can always contact me , whatsapp +919565046669 or the username 'ni6hant' be it google,twitter,fb,....

waiting to hear from you
s55
HandBrake Team

Re: Handbrake for Android? & a way to have money for the team

Post by s55 »

We don't do this for money. It's just something fun to do when we have spare time to kill.

p.s, I'm not sure we want to be responsible for people having their smart phones melt in their jean pockets. That might be a bit problematic :)
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

Mobile is the wrong place to be doing video transcoding.

Android is the wrong mobile platform for monetization, ads or paid app.

Why would the HB devs have any particularly worthwhile knowledge of Android?
Woodstock
Veteran User

Post by Woodstock »

Seems more of a "(I want to) Make Money By Telling Others How To Make Money" scheme to me...