Problem building handbrake due to libx265

Archive of historical development discussions
Discussions / Development has moved to GitHub
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

dirk.msc

Problem building handbrake due to libx265

Post by dirk.msc »

I am trying to build the latest release of handbrake on my Raspberry Pi 2. Unfortunately the build fails due to undefined references in libx265.

I installed all dependency packages using standard packages. The conflicting libary has been installed using the command

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install libx264-dev
However, it all does not seem to fit together. Please help!

Code: Select all

pi@raspberrypi ~/HandBrake-0.10.0/build $ make
/usr/bin/g++ -pipe -Wl,-S -fmessage-length=0 -Wall -g0 -O3 -DUSE_X265 -I./libhb/ -I./contrib/include -o HandBrakeCLI -Wl,--start-group test/test.o test/parsecsv.o ./libhb/libhandbrake.a -L./contrib/lib -lass -lavcodec -lavformat -lavutil -lavresample -ldvdnav -ldvdread -lfontconfig -lfribidi -lmp3lame -logg -lsamplerate -lswscale -lvpx -ltheoraenc -ltheoradec -lvorbis -lvorbisenc -lx264 -lbluray -lfreetype -lxml2 -lbz2 -lz -lfdk-aac -lx265 -lpthread -ldl -lm -Wl,--end-group
./contrib/lib/libx265.a(threadpool.cpp.o): In function `x265::ThreadPoolImpl::pokeIdleThread()':
threadpool.cpp:(.text+0x1d4): undefined reference to `__sync_val_compare_and_swap_8'
./contrib/lib/libx265.a(threadpool.cpp.o): In function `x265::PoolThread::threadMain()':
threadpool.cpp:(.text+0x30c): undefined reference to `__sync_or_and_fetch_8'
./contrib/lib/libx265.a(threadpool.cpp.o): In function `x265::ThreadPoolImpl::markThreadAsleep(int)':
threadpool.cpp:(.text+0x410): undefined reference to `__sync_or_and_fetch_8'
./contrib/lib/libx265.a(wavefront.cpp.o): In function `x265::WaveFront::findJob(int)':
wavefront.cpp:(.text+0xe0): undefined reference to `__sync_val_compare_and_swap_8'
./contrib/lib/libx265.a(wavefront.cpp.o): In function `x265::WaveFront::enqueueRow(int)':
wavefront.cpp:(.text+0x274): undefined reference to `__sync_or_and_fetch_8'
./contrib/lib/libx265.a(wavefront.cpp.o): In function `x265::WaveFront::enableRow(int)':
wavefront.cpp:(.text+0x2c4): undefined reference to `__sync_or_and_fetch_8'
./contrib/lib/libx265.a(wavefront.cpp.o): In function `x265::WaveFront::dequeueRow(int)':
wavefront.cpp:(.text+0x408): undefined reference to `__sync_val_compare_and_swap_8'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
../test/module.rules:7: recipe for target 'HandBrakeCLI' failed
make: *** [HandBrakeCLI] Error 1
Ayoross
Novice

Re: Problem building handbrake due to libx265

Post by Ayoross »

Using handbrake on a raspberry pi looks like trying to cut a sequoia with a knife... No ?

Anyway, the error messages looks like missing CPU features. I'd try without x265 if I were you.