how to update libav

Archive of historical development discussions
Discussions / Development has moved to GitHub
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

jdoe69

how to update libav

Post by jdoe69 »

Hi,

I'm using nightly build 5903.

Still when encoding the resulting file is incomplete and the log is filled with megabytes of these messages:
[eac3 @ 0000000006a4cbe0] Dependent substream decoding is not implemented. Update your Libav version to the newest one from Git. If the problem still occurs, it means that your file has a feature which has not been implemented.
[eac3 @ 0000000006a4cbe0] If you want to help, upload a sample of this file to ftp://upload.libav.org/incoming/ and contact the libav-devel mailing list.
[eac3 @ 0000000006a4cbe0] unsupported frame type : skipping frame
[eac3 @ 0000000006a4cbe0] Dependent substream decoding is not implemented. Update your Libav version to the newest one from Git. If the problem still occurs, it means that your file has a feature which has not been implemented.
[eac3 @ 0000000006a4cbe0] If you want to help, upload a sample of this file to ftp://upload.libav.org/incoming/ and contact the libav-devel mailing list.

I had a look at the wiki and wanted to compile a new version with an updated libav. Official latest is 9.10, included in handbrake is 9.6.

But how to update this lib?

https://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/UpdatingContribs
The wiki says uploading to the contrib folder on the server. How to do this? I suppose the server is not writable for random people for a good reason.

Can some developer update the lib? For a local build I might replace the path with a local path, right?
s55
HandBrake Team

Re: how to update libav

Post by s55 »

The page linked to above is for developers, not users. It is not a recommended or supported procedure for people to be doing.

Since we have numerous patches for libav, you'd need extensive understanding of those patches and would probably have to re-create some of them to get a new build to compile correctly.

We periodically update libav when suitable for us. There is currently work in progress to bump it again since they've accepted a number of our patches, although we are still waiting on a few being accepted. So probably in the not so distant future.
Deleted User 11865

Re: how to update libav

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

Won't fix the error messages above, either. And the "terminating early" issue is unrelated, please provide the full log.