Would like to donate an icon

Archive of historical development discussions
Discussions / Development has moved to GitHub
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

Kerensky

Would like to donate an icon

Post by Kerensky »

I'm really glad the MediaFork project has started to continue the stagnant Handbrake development. I wish my programming stills were better so I could help out that way, but that isn't going to happen anytime soon.

I had some spare time though and decided to make a MediaFork icon. I don't know if you all have someone else working on an icon or anything, but you're welcome to use what I made, with no restrictions.

MySchizoBuddy

Post by MySchizoBuddy »

when u place it inside dock it gets too small because of the fork shrinking it

otherwise its a good looking icon
:P
hawkman
Veteran User

Post by hawkman »

Why not have the fork on the cover, instead of the DVD? Y'know, maybe make it up like it's a film called "MediaFork"...

(/me has no graphic design expertise)
Kerensky

Post by Kerensky »

Why not have the fork on the cover, instead of the DVD? Y'know, maybe make it up like it's a film called "MediaFork"...
I'd certainly be willing to make changes if I can, based on feedback. Unfortunately I haven't heard if the developers even want to use the icon at all.

I chose to have the fork sticking up into the dvd box since the tagline for MediaFork is "Stick our MediaFork in it - your DVD rip is done!", so I thought it appropriate.
rhester
Veteran User

Post by rhester »

Give us a few days to chat about it internally. There have been some recent developments that could radically shift focus/naming, so I wouldn't want you to burn time unnecessarily. That isn't to say, however, that we don't greatly appreciate what you've done thus far, or that we wouldn't greatly desire your assistance in the future. =)

Rodney
Kerensky

Post by Kerensky »

Give us a few days to chat about it internally. There have been some recent developments that could radically shift focus/naming, so I wouldn't want you to burn time unnecessarily. That isn't to say, however, that we don't greatly appreciate what you've done thus far, or that we wouldn't greatly desire your assistance in the future. =)
Understood, I look forward to hearing from you.