Screenshots on Website

Archive of historical development discussions
Discussions / Development has moved to GitHub
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

dynaflash
Veteran User

Screenshots on Website

Post by dynaflash »

Hey All,
I went ahead and threw up some screenshots of the mac gui in action on our screenshots section last night.

The image quality is not the greatest, but is better than nothing right now. I will work later to try to get these better, and also maybe link them to a page explaining the features on each shot, instead of just a larger image. But for now, at least folks can see what we are doing with MediaFork.

On a side note, I wonder if we should have a link of some sort to the main site at the top of the forums? Right now, you cant get back to the main website once going to the form. Maybe the "MediaFork" with tag line part at the top, until we get a logo to replace the FireFox badge at the top left. Just a thought for visitors that come straight to the forums.
rhester
Veteran User

Post by rhester »

Good idea.

Web log analysis shows that better than 85% of our visitors come in initially via the blog, but I agree it would be handy to get from one part of the site to another via link (using the blog as the gateway to everywhere else, so if you want to go Trac->Forums it would be Trac->Blog->Forums, if that makes sense).

When can I get me some artwork? :)

Rodney
thanar

Post by thanar »

Actually, screenshots should really be in png format. Better quality, good lossless compression on flat colors.
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

..... and for IE 6 ?
thanar

Post by thanar »

Well, didn't know it doesn't work for them, never used it, sorry... But, then again, they could always upgrade to Firefox! ;)
Tobsen

Post by Tobsen »

PNGs work in IE6, only the alpha channels do not work...