trac roadmap

Archive of historical development discussions
Discussions / Development has moved to GitHub
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

tc60045

trac roadmap

Post by tc60045 »

I am a long-time handbrake user who has largely stayed quiet and thoroughly enjoyed all the wonderful and legal ripping I've done of MY OWN dvds using Handbrake. I can compile a build if need be, but generally rely on the public releases. I may have logged a bug once or twice.

I wonder, as other users might, whether 0.9.4 is still my best option or whether to compile a nightly build from dev -- a legitmate question: Is the diff worth the compile?

I looked at the trac roadmap and all the active tickets I saw (subset) were opened 3 years ago. Most respectfully, may I ask: are the tickets associated with 0.9.5 reflective of true blockers to the public release? How might a user on the sidelines know when the next chickensalad sandwich is coming, and therefore decide to wait or eat what is in front of them?

Thanks,

TC
mduell
Veteran User

Re: trac roadmap

Post by mduell »

Yes, it's worthwhile to run the dev code instead of the release. You don't even need to compile the nightly yourself, there's an announcement in the forums about where to find the nightly binaries.
jbrjake
Veteran User

Post by jbrjake »

No, the trac roadmap doesn't contain any blockers for 0.9.5. The reason there aren't any current tickets:

1) The way it usually works is that a month or two before a release, we do a feature-freeze and start consolidating extant bug reports into tickets, which then get checked off as we ramp up. This hasn't happened yet.

2) Using the trac for feature enhancement tickets has fallen by the wayside because of how ad-hoc our development process is. Devs work on what they're interested in, and releases happen when they're convenient. There is no PERT diagram for HandBrake ;)
tc60045

Post by tc60045 »

Thanks, guys -- appreciate the advice & perspective. Keep on keepin on.

TC