[Committed] BD PGS Subtitles

Archive of historical development discussions
Discussions / Development has moved to GitHub
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

mkelley
Bright Spark User

Re: BD PGS Subtitles

Post by mkelley »

If mkvmerge won't mux PGS files in I have no idea why you'd want to do it (I don't know that *many* players support such things -- most do not).
firewing1

Post by firewing1 »

There are two attached patches above, it would probably be a good place to start in terms of looking at which files they modify and then seeing what's left to do.
JohnAStebbins
HandBrake Team

Post by JohnAStebbins »

JohnAStebbins wrote:One step closer http://handbrake.fr/pastebin/pastebin.php?show=1462
Added a decoder for pg subs. It accepts and parses segments of pg data. Then renders to an hb_buffer_t. It parses palette data, but does not yet do anything with it. Every PG subtitle can have it's own palette of 256 32 bit entryes (Y, Cr, Cb, A). So we will need to pass the palette with every subtitle buffer.

I've only verified that it compiles. I've done zero testing.
Wow, I completely forgot I had done this much work on this already. I will get back to this (unless someone beats me to it). I just keep getting sidetracked by more interesting things :mrgreen:
mkelley
Bright Spark User

Post by mkelley »

That would be great, John - I know there are many of us who could really use this capability.