With upcoming changes to data protection and privacy laws in Europe coming into effect soon, we thought this would be a good time to remind everyone that we do have a privacy policy.
This applies to all users and visitors world-wide.

We have made a few changes to the language to make it clearer in relation to this new regulation but fundamentally, the terms and your rights are unchanged.

If you have any questions about this, please feel free to ask in the General Forum

[PATCH] fix warnings and build issue on mingw

Archive of historical development discussions
Discussions / Development has moved to GitHub
golgol7777

[PATCH] fix warnings and build issue on mingw

Post by golgol7777 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:07 pm

Hi, this patch fix some compiler warnings and build issues on mingw.
http://handbrake.fr/pastebin/pastebin.php?show=1327

Patch details:
1. fix warning about implicit declaration for pthreads-w32 routine
2. fix warning about unknown %lld/%llu format strings for printf family
  (replace all occurences of these format strings by corresponding inttypes.h macros)
3. fix warning about implicit activation of auto-import which yields runtime 0x00000005 error when built hb.dll is loaded.
  This is mingw port gcc-4.5 (and later) specific issue and occurs when hb.dll is linked against shared libstdc++ runtime.
  Please see the known issue section in this release notes. This issue is not fixed in current gcc-4.5 branch.

I also change pthreads-w32 related ifdef guard to SYS_MINGW & PTW32_STATIC_LIB.
I think this is more appropriate because pthreads-w32 won't be used in other platforms and the non-portable call for
pthreads-w32 isn't needed for shared pthreads-w32(although, HandBrake doesn't use shared pthreads-w32 by default).

The third one is a forgotten hunk at r3200 check-in. If this is not, the change at r3200 is overwritten and takes no effect.
I'm sorry for missing it when I pointed it on IRC because I had already made the same change locally so the warning didn't appear.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: replace code block to pastbin link and reformat post