I was under the distinct impression that the trunk was to keep using the m0k gui with only the changes required for x264 baseline level 3.0 and the fixed ScanController (so that it wouldnt crash, as it was doing).
From the "Roadmap to 0.7.2" Thread:
That is why I checked in an appropriate gui change for rev 99, posted as such in my notes, including reference to pri's excellent language selector.dynaflash wrote:Alright, we want it in the trunk, correct ? Also, I will restore the h.264 "Encoder" choices to the same as you and chris long had them when you brought svn rev70 over and we can go from there. Does this sound okay?rhester wrote:Yes - for now, let's take the m0k GUI with fixed ScanController as the MacOS front-end. GenII can be interim for the 0.8.x tree and we can target the multiplatform GUI for 0.9.x (likely some ways away).dynaflash wrote:So, as far as testing a potential release build, and the mac gui for that release, would it make sense get an svn rev that has the Legacy (m0k) gui in it with the fixed ScanController and all of the new additions to the rest of the trunk,so we can test from there? the last svn rev that used that gui is svn rev82. After that, it is the "GenII" gui in the svn (that was probably a mistake on my part).
my rev 99 checkin notes:
As per I believe it was johnallens suggestion, a branch might be created for the trunk to further gui development (ie, pri's language presets, benlakes user presets, and maybe some other stuff I have been looking at as well as many great improvements from other developers) while the trunk for now, remains as stated above.Revert HB mac gui to m0k layout for impending 0.7.2 release.
Note: pri's language default combobox is also gone in this reversion for the preferences window. However, the underlying code for it is still retained in controller.mm.
johnallen wrote:With the problems I am seeing here regarding the changes to the thread sleeping I made, I decided to revert my changes in svn. It's a little to risky to include these in 0.7.2.
I'll take a closer look at the issues, make corrections, and include them in a future release.
With this said, I believe we should branch the trunk so that dynaflash and I can start commiting our changes for the future release.
I personally have been keeping my gui development local until such a branch is available and we get on the same page. This way, the trunk is largely reflective of where 0.7.2 will be released.jbrjake wrote:I agree. It's time.johnallen wrote:With this said, I believe we should branch the trunk so that dynaflash and I can start commiting our changes for the future release.
IMO, you or Rodney should pull the lever, since you two seem to have the most svn experience.
I may have been wrong, and if so, I apologize for this. But, I notice that in pri's 102 commit to the trunk, there is an admonishment (I think directed to me):
Two things to this end, I am in no way trying to remove your changes from future gui development. In fact, I quite like your features, as well, benlake, I like yours as well. The svn rev 99 gui reversion was just to address what was covered in about 60 % percent of the Roadmap to 0.7.2 thread and was noted as such in the svn notes as well as this forum. Again, if I misunderstood what was agreed upon, then I sincerely apologize.3rd and hopefully last time that I add the default audio stream preference, please have a look before commiting your changes
Here is my question: What the heck are we doing with our svn trunk in respect to the mac gui ? I do not want to be accused of stepping on anyones toes, nor is that my intent.