x265 2.2

Developer discussion and patch submissions only!
Forum rules
This forum is for developer discussion and patch submission only.
Post Reply
bradsm87
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:39 am

x265 2.2

Post by bradsm87 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:41 am

I noticed the nightly builds don't have x265 2.2 yet.

I didn't want to bother anyone about it so waited about a month first.

Cheers

mduell
Veteran User
Posts: 5481
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:54 pm

Re: x265 2.2

Post by mduell » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:57 am

I think any thread like this adds an automatic 1 week delay to the update. Could be two, I'm hazy.

Plus they're doing post release patching, not looking to make sweeping library updates.

bradsm87
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:39 am

Re: x265 2.2

Post by bradsm87 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:14 am

mduell wrote:I think any thread like this adds an automatic 1 week delay to the update. Could be two, I'm hazy.

Plus they're doing post release patching, not looking to make sweeping library updates.
I don't understand how the process works. I just noticed that previous x265 releases ended up in nightly Handbrake builds in a few days so I thought x265 2.2 may not have been noticed by the team.

rollin_eng
Veteran User
Posts: 2113
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 11:06 pm

Re: x265 2.2

Post by rollin_eng » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:05 am


mduell
Veteran User
Posts: 5481
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:54 pm

Re: x265 2.2

Post by mduell » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:20 pm

bradsm87 wrote:I don't understand how the process works.
If you look at any of the other x265 bump threads, you'll see the team does it when it's convenient to them.

hubocan
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 8:24 pm

Re: x265 2.2

Post by hubocan » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:42 am

OK, but the current x265 2.1 DLL got an annoying bug (for quite some time) that the encoded video reports as x265 0.0. So I think, that should be quite an interest to easily fix 2.1 or update to 2.2 (and the 2.1 bug will be fixed as well).

nhyone
Bright Spark User
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:13 am

Re: x265 2.2

Post by nhyone » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:29 pm

x265 2.3 was just released.

Other than this bug, were there anything you were looking forward to?

v2.2 and 2.3 seems pretty similar to me, but then I don't use the cutting edge features.

Smithcraft
Veteran User
Posts: 2672
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:04 pm

Re: x265 2.2

Post by Smithcraft » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:01 am

So this is a critical issue that requires immediate integration of a new library, or a minor inconvenience?

SC

ClickClick5
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:40 pm

Re: x265 2.2

Post by ClickClick5 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:54 pm

You can compile from source and manually add in the 2.2 or 2.3 update if you want...

Or if you need it right now, I have it compiled for Windows. I can send it to you, just PM me.
It is compiled with 2.3.

EDIT: It is HB 1.0.3 compiled with x265 2.3

PajiAlfa
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:20 am

Re: x265 2.2

Post by PajiAlfa » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:40 am

It would be very useful, update and see if new versions work well.
He experienced bugs with specific videos.

ClickClick5
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:40 pm

Re: x265 2.2

Post by ClickClick5 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:49 am

PajiAlfa wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:40 am
It would be very useful, update and see if new versions work well.
He experienced bugs with specific videos.
Well if you want to test the latest and greatest, I just finished a Windows build with x265 2.3 and the latest master as of this writing. If you want it, PM me. This would be the bleeding edge build of Handbrake (minus x264 and x265 versions with patches post stable releases...those are a bit too bleeding edge).

hubocan
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 8:24 pm

Re: x265 2.2

Post by hubocan » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:53 am

Is it possible to use x265 10bit DLL with 1.0.3 release?

ClickClick5
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:40 pm

Re: x265 2.2

Post by ClickClick5 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:20 am

hubocan wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:53 am
Is it possible to use x265 10bit DLL with 1.0.3 release?
It is. Place the .dll into the root folder of handbrake. It should auto detect the file and show up in the list of options.

hubocan
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 8:24 pm

Re: x265 2.2

Post by hubocan » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:32 am

So please, can you post the DLL?

ClickClick5
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:40 pm

Re: x265 2.2

Post by ClickClick5 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:56 am

hubocan wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:32 am
So please, can you post the DLL?
Well you can get the Handbrake "official" 10 bit dlls here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=34165

Or you can get the latest from here: http://www.msystem.waw.pl/x265/

For the nightly Windows build I made yesterday with 8bit 2.3 baked in: [PULLED]
(Just know if you bump into any problems, the devs do not have to assist as this is not an official nightly. As 2.3 is not integrated into the nightly builds yet)

EDIT: Pulled my build as 2.3 is now official in the master.

PajiAlfa
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:20 am

Re: x265 2.2

Post by PajiAlfa » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:16 am

ClickClick5 wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:49 am
PajiAlfa wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:40 am
It would be very useful, update and see if new versions work well.
He experienced bugs with specific videos.
Well if you want to test the latest and greatest, I just finished a Windows build with x265 2.3 and the latest master as of this writing. If you want it, PM me. This would be the bleeding edge build of Handbrake (minus x264 and x265 versions with patches post stable releases...those are a bit too bleeding edge).
Thanks, I prefer to shoot with the official for stability when uploading videos after a page.

Post Reply