A Couple Of Things...

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

voxsola

A Couple Of Things...

Post by voxsola »

I still find that Handbrake sometimes turns out a video that's a bit on the dark side and maybe on the quiet side. I'd love to be able to set the brightness and contrast and perhaps the volume as well.

One can do this with MPEG Streamclip however I find the program is no where as easy to use as Handbrake, especially when doing things like TV episodes.

Thanks! :)
voxsola

Post by voxsola »

Well... all in all MediaFork does turn out a brighter file than Handbrake IMO... so I guess what I REALLY need is for someone to find a substitute for Apple's H.264 decoder... :?

Oh well... wishful thinking... 8)
voxsola

Post by voxsola »

I did read the thread on upcoming features and did not see these... if I missed something feel free to tell me to bug off... also I'm just making a "humble" request... no pressure as I don't know how to code, nor do I know anyone I can volunteer...

I still would very much like to be able to set the brightness and contrast. You can do this in Quicktime but only when viewing a video, there doesn't seem to be anyway to save it, but it makes a big difference taking a dark video and upping the brightness and contrast as much as required. I know ffmpeg will do it too... but it's a complicated procedure with multiple conversions needed so I'm happy to use Handbrake as it is as my machine is just too slow to do all that... ;)

If it were a feature in HB though I would be delighted.
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

Fair doos. It may be something we add, it may not.

I think that we'll probably tweak the setting to begin with. How easy this is to impliment I don't know. certainly something that can be looked at.

Seems a reasonable request.
voxsola

Post by voxsola »

Thanks... that's all I can ask! :)