Instant Handbrake Born Again

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

cvk_b
Veteran User

Instant Handbrake Born Again

Post by cvk_b »

I have searched this forum for similar suggestions. If this has been suggested before, sorry.

Why not package Instant Handbrake with Handbrake.

If you don't like what you see in the Summary click 'Custom'. Instant Handbrake disappears and the source is opened in Handbrake.
jbrjake
Veteran User

Post by jbrjake »

Ok, you want to support it? The IHB code hasn't been touched since January when the maintainer went MIA. This was before a major contrib library regression (libavformat -> libmp4v2) and literally hundreds of other code revisions. I don't even know if it still *works*...
cvk_b
Veteran User

Post by cvk_b »

Hmm... I think I should have posted this in the 'general' forum. This wasn't really a request, but an idea. I did not search the forum back far enough to realize that IH was a sore-spot here. A maintainer going MIA is definitely unfortunate. Let's hope they did not get hurt or something.

My idea was to add a lite second view/interface to HB and be able to switch between them. I thought IH was being parallel developed. I wasn't trying to create more work for anyone, but instead to suggest a way to create less work for the collective.

The presets are so powerful as is, thanks.

I'm just a junkie for minimalism.
jbrjake
Veteran User

Post by jbrjake »

cvk_b wrote:I did not search the forum back far enough to realize that IH was a sore-spot here.
Don't get me wrong--it's not a sore spot. Someone stepping up to maintain IHB would be a Good Thing. It has its place. I guess. I mean, I would never use it. But I understand why people would.

It still compiles and everything, to the best of my knowledge. But I have a feeling parts of it (like PSP support) don't work anymore. It probably needs updating in other respects too. And whoever maintained it would probably end up having to support it.