Volume control in HB/MediaFork

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

drewvardy

Volume control in HB/MediaFork

Post by drewvardy »

Is HB/MediaFork interface ever going to allow control of the output sound volume? I've been waiting a long time to see this feature.
hawkman
Veteran User

Re: Volume control in HB/MediaFork

Post by hawkman »

drewvardy wrote:Is HB/MediaFork interface ever going to allow control of the output sound volume? I've been waiting a long time to see this feature.
Would be useful. Or is there an extra argument we can pass to boost the volume?
Last edited by hawkman on Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leo
Bright Spark User

Post by Leo »

I really want this too -- my iPod rips come out far too quiet for noisey public transport! I don't need it to "normalise" just a simple scale value would be fine for this.
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

Moving this one to requests forum.
handbreakuser25

Just commenting on this

Post by handbreakuser25 »

I haven't found the page where the open tickets place is. Though I want to say this program has to be one of the greatest applications ever. I have been using since the 7 version and its improvements are quite vast. I rip my DVDs for use in iPod so that I can carry it anywhere I travel and watch movies anywhere. I think the quality is superb I use 1500 kbps, 160 AAC audio with double pass, with 2 reference frames and some other stuff I found in another post about 640x360 though I do not use that ratio cause of the long compression, this program does about everything I really use.

The one thing that is not a problem; but could be improved is the volume of the files. I turns to be real low, like 60% of a normal audio file. I use a plug-in itunes called volume logic that makes the output volume 100% always and its awsome by the way, (its kinda what the Djs use but on software to make the audio always loud and all songs at the same volume) but since there is no such thing for an iPod maybe something similar could be done. Sure it sounds awsome in iTunes but it will sound low in an iPod that has no modifications. I ain't coder but I am sure that it can be done just something to control the volume so that it is louder. I tried using the iTunes volume control but it won't work for movies only soundtracks. Something that natively like kinda "Remasters" the output volume just to make it louder. Maybe my terms dont make sense but you get the idea, no?

EDIT:

I beleive you can control the volume in itunes in the options for each file. I am about to see how effective this is.

Edit:

AT 100% + it is just a minor improvements but for now it will do for my iPod until we can get a louder output. I think this could make it much better.