roadmap to 0.9.3: codec support question

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

daman123x
Novice

roadmap to 0.9.3: codec support question

Post by daman123x »

looking at the 0.9.3 roadmap, HB is slated to support .m2ts files (which it already does as of the latest dev build)

the question is:
an m2ts file can contain up to 3 codecs: h.264, VC-1 or MPEG-2. currently, MPEG-2 (obviously) works fine. I was unable to test h.264, but VC-1 freezes the CLI, and thus the GUIs. Supposedly, VC-1 is supported in the newest ffmpeg, does this mean 0.9.3 will support it?

also, just as useful as the codec support, will it be able to support blu ray mpls files (seems like supporting m2ts without mpls is like supporting vob without ifo).

personally, i've never seen a blu ray with anything other than direct links to m2ts files (source is mostly cameras), but it definitely seems like this could enable custom actions and playlists
TedJ
Veteran User

Re: roadmap to 0.9.3: codec support question

Post by TedJ »

Yes, ffmpeg input decoding will be on the 0.9.3 release. As for mpls file support, I believe there was a patch submitted for it several months back, but I don't think it's been committed to SVN.

Moving to Ponies/Core since this is a question based on an upcoming release.
jbrjake
Veteran User

Post by jbrjake »

TedJ wrote:As for mpls file support, I believe there was a patch submitted for it several months back
?!!!! What? Where?
TedJ
Veteran User

Post by TedJ »

jbrjake wrote:
TedJ wrote:As for mpls file support, I believe there was a patch submitted for it several months back
?!!!! What? Where?
Of course, I could be either mistaken or delusional... :roll: