Possible feature: finding 'hidden' extras

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

broaddd

Possible feature: finding 'hidden' extras

Post by broaddd »

On most DVDs I've seen, extras (deleted scenes etc) are in separate tracks that Handbrake finds and lists in the dropdown menu for possible encoding.

However, a DVD I played recently featured a commentary audio track, with branching points where a graphic appeared on screen allowing you to press 'enter' on the remote and see a short 'extra' video sequence before returning to the main movie. The DVD was a fanedit (Star Wars II Attack of the Phantom') - the technique reminded me of the Matrix white rabbit branching video.

On this particular DVD, I found that all these 'extra' branching scenes were stitched together in the same VOB that appeared to hold the main DVD menu graphics. As I played that VOB in VLC, I noticed that as each new scene started playing, the timer reset to 0.

Handbrake didn't detect any of these extras as a separate track or tracks to encode.

It might be useful to at least provide a 'encode by VOB file' option, potentially with in points and out points. This would allow encoding of things that Handbrake doesn't pick up by itself.

Regards,
B