Adjust picture colour before encoding

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

sdm
Bright Spark User

Adjust picture colour before encoding

Post by sdm »

This is very likely difficult to implement within HB's current preview model but...

I'd like to be able to colour-correct the picture's colour before encoding. A hue/saturation/brightness + gamma filter would do it for me.
This would be helpful to remove colour casts and pump up colour from poor sources.

I'd love to see it. Any thoughts?
--sdm.
jbrjake
Veteran User

Re: Adjust picture colour before encoding

Post by jbrjake »

*Moving to Core*
This is not a Mac GUI request. HandBrake has no code for those sorts of picture filters in libhb.

I might do it some day just for the educational value. Not sure everyone (or even I) would agree it should go any further than a patch, though -- and even then I'd only hook it up in the CLI.
sdm
Bright Spark User

Post by sdm »

okay, thanks for considering it.
jbrjake wrote:even then I'd only hook it up in the CLI.
I do think if any feature ever needed a graphical interface, this is it.
Adjustments like this need to be seen (and in more than one frame), because for the most part, they need to be done by eye, not calculated values.

Until some day ...
-sdm.
jbrjake
Veteran User

Post by jbrjake »

sdm wrote:I do think if any feature ever needed a graphical interface, this is it.
Adjustments like this need to be seen (and in more than one frame), because for the most part, they need to be done by eye, not calculated values.

Until some day ...
I try to keep my nose out of the GUI code. What I mean is that I'm not going to try to convince dynaflash to hook it up there, even if I add the libhb code for it.