Just Sound and Automatic shutdown

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

pseudo

Just Sound and Automatic shutdown

Post by pseudo »

Great stuff so far!
I, as a humble end user only have two things that would make this software awesome.

1) any way to rip just the music into mp3 m4a etc i find that the mediafork interface is very good for chapter selection etc (this is for all the music dvds i have)

2) like in visualhub when the computer has finished encoding the computer shuts down, makes a noise goes to sleep.

thank you soooooo much, i hope i don't sound like i'm demanding this i'm just suggesting thank you guys soo much look forward to future versions.
jbrjake
Veteran User

Re: Just Sound and Automatic shutdown

Post by jbrjake »

pseudo wrote:1) any way to rip just the music into mp3 m4a etc i find that the mediafork interface is very good for chapter selection etc (this is for all the music dvds i have)
I agree that it would be useful, but it's not something anyone is working on, and I have a feeling it would be difficult with the workflow HandBrake uses (all the buffering and synchronization code seems to presume a video track).
2) like in visualhub when the computer has finished encoding the computer shuts down, makes a noise goes to sleep.
Probably not going to happen. I and another developer (the erstwhile benlake) have mulled adding Growl support, though, for notification when an encode is done. I believe that could be used to trigger other actions, like shutdown. Again, it's not something anyone is working on, so don't expect it in the next version, or the version after that, etc...