Audio For Mac

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

handbreakuser25

Audio For Mac

Post by handbreakuser25 »

I know this has been brought up before but Im putting it up in ponies again. I want to know if there was a way to make the handbrake mac version use core audio. I find that some audio is kinda dull, and the acc from core audio very satisfying for its size. I know that theres probably no chance this will get implemented. Im just happy if you add DRC that should make the volume for certain noises higher.
P.S. : Could someone show me somewhere or something like that to make it change audio encoders on the mac so i can use core audio (Noob Q)
s55
HandBrake Team

Re: Audio For Mac

Post by s55 »

Someone already submitted a patch for core audio but that was rejected since it goes against the cross-platform nature of HandBrake.
DRC has already been added to the SVN trunk so you'll see that when 0.9.2 goes out the door. (Sometime Q1 this year) unless you feel like taking a stab at compiling the code yourself.

http://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/Unapplied ... #coreAudio < Patch in question. Good chance it'll no longer apply cleanly due to the number of changes since it was written.