VOB file into FLV file

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

Steinninn

VOB file into FLV file

Post by Steinninn »

Wow, I'm so happy that I found HandBreak. It does so many things that I haven't found in any other software. This might have been asked before, but is there any plans on having the ability to convert a DVD into a FLV (Flash Video) file? I rely don't like putting my videos trough a lot of different converters.
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

Nope.
Mucx
Experienced

Post by Mucx »

^^ class answer (seem the frustration level of the admins on the forum has gone up a notch around here again...always fun)

Anyway...

Why don't you just simply use the Flash Video encoder that comes with the Flash software for such purposes? And, you may have heard the new Flash player 9 now supports H.264 so there are plenty of options now and HandBrake can output file some types that can be used with Flash. (just not .FLV).

Asking for .flv suggests you will be putting it online...be careful about that because anything other than slapping your home videos online is illegal.

Oh, and you could take a look at VisualHub for .VOB to .FLV conversion.
dynaflash
Veteran User

Re: VOB file into FLV file

Post by dynaflash »

Steinninn wrote:This might have been asked before, but is there any plans on having the ability to convert a DVD into a FLV (Flash Video) file?
dynaflash wrote:Nope.
Mucx wrote:^^ class answer (seem the frustration level of the admins on the forum has gone up a notch around here again...always fun)
Mucx" was in a hurry and at least wanted to give an answer, I should have rephrased it, but honestly as there are " no plans by any known devs to have the ability to convert a dvd into FLV" there wasnt much else to say. Sorry not "classy" enough.

As far as "frustration level" ... well afaik there really isn't any. Just answered the OP's question. No sense beating around the bush, as they say.
Mucx
Experienced

Post by Mucx »

British colloqualism whereby 'class' meant: 'haha straight to the point, didnt beat around the bush at all'.

Although frustration levels do seem to be on the rise, there have been some fantastic (newbie?) bashes in the other forums. That MP4/Animation question the other day got some real heat up. Now that was class.

Anyway, typos aside in my initial response. Go with VisualHub for your .vob to .flv conversions. Or simply use the tools Flash provides itself (which do just as good a job if not better and less likely to crash or look like crepe).