Queue file naming behaviour

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

Woodrow

Queue file naming behaviour

Post by Woodrow »

Please describe what you would like to see added to HandBrake:
I would like to see the naming behaviour revert back to the way its always been. Recently an update changed this so that once you selected a file to start and then selected another to add to the queue it cancels anything you've typed and bounces the cursor to the extension outside of the period. I'm sure users would like to name the file as they see fit and then move through the other titles w/o having it revert back. The traditional work flow for me would be to take a file named (for ex) movie2disc1 and name them movie2disc1a, movie2disc1b etc as you move through the list (adding to queue). It was logical and made sense. As I mentioned once you label the first one w/ an "a" or whatever you want then move to the 2nd item in the list it cancels the "a" and shifts the cursor over. Why would anyone want to change the extension?

Why would you like to see this added:
It was much more efficient as it always was, please revert this behaviour back.

What version of HandBrake are you currently running:

What operating system and version and you currently running (e.g. OSX 10.11, Windows 7, Ubuntu 14):
OSX 10.10.1
Ritsuka
HandBrake Team

Re: Queue file naming behaviour

Post by Ritsuka »

This was already added back for dvd and blu ray in the upcoming 1.1 version.
Woodrow

Re: Queue file naming behaviour

Post by Woodrow »

Great news - thanks!