Queue Progress Info Output To A File / Web Interface

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

ThePie

Queue Progress Info Output To A File / Web Interface

Post by ThePie »

Please describe what you would like to see added to HandBrake:
Output this info to a file or implement a web interface
  • Overall queue progress
  • Current file in queue progress
Why would you like to see this added:
Remote monitoring of Handbrake queue progress

What version of HandBrake are you currently running:

What operating system and version and you currently running (e.g. OSX 10.11, Windows 7, Ubuntu 14):
Windows 10 - 64 bit
mduell
Veteran User

Re: Queue Progress Info Output To A File / Web Interface

Post by mduell »

The encode logs directory contains the information you need to track queue progress?
ThePie

Post by ThePie »

mduell wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:13 am The encode logs directory contains the information you need to track queue progress?
Where might this be located?
Woodstock
Veteran User

Post by Woodstock »

It can vary with the installation. Generally, Windows users will find it in "C:\Users\(your user name)\AppData\Roaming\HandBrake\logs".

During the encode, the file is named "last_encode_log.txt" (or a variation on that; the machine I'm using right now is using "last_encode_log1.txt"), and it's copied to a file with the name of the encoded file and the date/time when the encode completes.
ThePie

Post by ThePie »

Woodstock wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:19 pm It can vary with the installation. Generally, Windows users will find it in "C:\Users\(your user name)\AppData\Roaming\HandBrake\logs".

During the encode, the file is named "last_encode_log.txt" (or a variation on that; the machine I'm using right now is using "last_encode_log1.txt"), and it's copied to a file with the name of the encoded file and the date/time when the encode completes.
Ya I see what your talking about. I got some stuff like this at the bottom of my activity_log#####.log file which I could use to query every X minutes or try to see when the file changes and then get the newest line or something.

Code: Select all

[21:40:31] sync: "Chapter 12" (12) at frame 26005 time 97612514
[22:16:34] sync: "Chapter 13" (13) at frame 27850 time 104538183
[23:23:30] sync: "Chapter 14" (14) at frame 30849 time 115795679
Although when running a queue it creates a new file of the named file that's being encoded so that would just be a pain to try and keep track of.

Honesty the Handbrake Team just needs to add a option to output the status of the Handbrake application to a file. They are already outputting this data to the bottom of the program as it is which includes percentage complete of current file, time remaining and elapsed as well as pending jobs left. I just want that to be written to a file every 5 minutes or something so I can query it. It would be a nice developer option feature in a Handbrake sub menu that you could turn on if you wanted. :)
Woodstock
Veteran User

Post by Woodstock »

Honesty the Handbrake Team just needs to add a option to output the status of the Handbrake application to a file.
I think the phrase, "Patches welcome" is appropriate here.

This request would be very useful to a handful of people, and of no interest to most. If it were of interest to a developer on the "Handbrake Team", it might have a chance... But, if someone for whom it IS important develops a clean patch to make it happen, I'm sure it would be considered.
ThePie

Post by ThePie »

Woodstock wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:37 pm
Honesty the Handbrake Team just needs to add a option to output the status of the Handbrake application to a file.
I think the phrase, "Patches welcome" is appropriate here.

This request would be very useful to a handful of people, and of no interest to most. If it were of interest to a developer on the "Handbrake Team", it might have a chance... But, if someone for whom it IS important develops a clean patch to make it happen, I'm sure it would be considered.
Hey man I'll write it for them they just need to point me in the right direction to the code base and I'm good to go. Most the code has already been written anyway for this so it won't be hard to do, especially for someone who programs like myself. :D
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

ThePie

Post by ThePie »

mduell wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:07 am https://github.com/HandBrake/HandBrake
Didn't realize this was on GitHub the entire time, lol. Thanks for posting this.
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

FYI first hit on Google for handbrake source code.