Option or Setting to manage visible presets in GUI

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

trob98
New User

Option or Setting to manage visible presets in GUI

Post by trob98 »

Please describe what you would like to see added to HandBrake:
I would like to see a setting or option to hide, but not remove, categories in the presets menu.

Why would you like to see this added:
When I open handbrake all of the presets are expanded. I only use a select few of the included presets and a lot of my own custom presets. I believe it would help with work flow and aesthetics to have the main ones I use visible.

What version of HandBrake are you currently running:
1.0.1 (2016122900)

What operating system and version and you currently running (e.g. OSX 10.11, Windows 7, Ubuntu 14):
Windows 10 Pro
TheMadAntt

Re: Option or Setting to manage visible presets in GUI

Post by TheMadAntt »

I created an account to suggest the same thing. I was thinking you could mark certain presets as "favorites" and that group would appear at the top. Would make navigation much easier. But your idea of hiding things works, too.

Good suggestion.

-TheMadAntt
FrostByte
Novice

Post by FrostByte »

I believe what you're asking is already implemented. I'm running the latest nightly and it not only puts my custom User Presets at the top, but also remembers the status of all Presets and whether they are expanded or not
TheMadAntt

Post by TheMadAntt »

Nice! I pulled the nightly build and it is there. Not what the OP asked for, but it is a step in the right direction.

BUT, if we could clone presets through the UI that would be get the clones up top in the user settings. I'm off to search for that feature request now.

Yes. You can export and then import a preset, but to do that you have to manually edit the .json file, set "Type": 1 and change "PresetName". :)
Woodstock
Veteran User

Post by Woodstock »

Load preset. Save as new preset.