Possibility of defining metatags in MP4 files

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

PajiAlfa

Possibility of defining metatags in MP4 files

Post by PajiAlfa »

Please describe what you would like to see added to HandBrake:
Possibility of having a command line (similar to Extra options in tab video) where to indicate that general metatags have to have in values like title, comment.

And you can have the variable to insert the title of the file as a title in the meta tags, or title more text.

format mp4.

Why would you like to see this added:

It would save a lot of time, as it would not have to re-pass all the resulting files to add the tags it could add from the start.

What version of HandBrake are you currently running:
What operating system and version and you currently running (e.g. OSX 10.11, Windows 7, Ubuntu 14):
Windows 10
TheScottMan
New User

Re: Possibility of defining metatags in MP4 files

Post by TheScottMan »

me too! :mrgreen: I wanted to "upvote" this post/suggestion but didn't see how. Currently, after encoding with Handbrake, i have to go through a tedious process getting meta-data for TV series using Subler after renaming the file to something Subler can recognize.

Subler is great but since Handbrake doesn't include tags, there is no "season number" or Series Name in the resulting video (original source does not include series title/season in the name). So I can't simply drop 50 files on Subler and let-er-rip. I have to use another app to rename the file to show/season/episode every time, so Subler can then find the meta-data.

Simply being able to add this info in Handbrake from the beginning, either tags or even just directly into the renaming scheme would GREATLY improve efficiency for me. :D
PajiAlfa

Re: Possibility of defining metatags in MP4 files

Post by PajiAlfa »

I said it more simply.

I add to each video "myname" - "video name"

Something simple that would prevent me having to go after the MP4Box