Functionality Tweeks

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

StPatty33

Functionality Tweeks

Post by StPatty33 »

Please describe what you would like to see added to HandBrake:
I would like:
1) the categories of presets to be collapsed by default, rather than expanded. I would assume that most users, like myself, have their own custom presets saved and use those 99.9% of the time. When opening the program in the newest version(s), we now must collapse all the premade pre-sets before we can even see the list of user pre-sets, since they are at the bottom of the list.
2) allow the adjusting, creating, deleting etc. of pre-sets when no source is loaded (like the program previously allowed). I usually have about 10 user pre-sets at any given time, and in the newest version(s) I cannot adjust, create, save, etc pre-sets without having a source loaded first--they are greyed out.
3) the "Start Queue" button within the Queue window to work. Pausing works within the queue window, but "Start Queue" is greyed out, and can only be hit within the main program window now (previously it worked fine)

Why would you like to see this added:
1) it is a time saver
2) it eliminates an annoyance of finding a random source before editing and creating pre-sets
3) it fixes the broken functionality of a button

What version of HandBrake are you currently running:
1.0.2 (2017012200)

What operating system and version and you currently running (e.g. OSX 10.11, Windows 7, Ubuntu 14):
Windows 10
mduell
Veteran User

Re: Functionality Tweeks

Post by mduell »

1) I think you're wrong about most users with custom presets, and we'll just get posts complaining about unnecessary clicks.
StPatty33

Post by StPatty33 »

mduell wrote:1) I think you're wrong about most users with custom presets, and we'll just get posts complaining about unnecessary clicks.
Fair enough.
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

1) Plan to have it remember chosen state, rather than default to one or the other. The preset pane is due for a bit of a UI overhaul.
2) Deleting is the only operation that isn't problematic. Many of the tabs don't operate well without a source being loaded so it's not feasible.
3) Sounds like a bug, I'll take a look.