Queue vs single encode notifications

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

Null

Queue vs single encode notifications

Post by Null »

I utilize Handbrake's queue a lot.

Please describe what you would like to see added to HandBrake:

I would like to see notifications/alerts split. Currently in v1.0.1 the "When Done" feature refers to each and every encode. If you have a queue containing 5 files, that means 5 notifications/alert when each encode is complete. This IS useful at times.

Prior to v1.0.1 this "When Done" preference watched the queue (if there was one) and only notified/alerted when the queue was finished. That is no longer true apparently.

Both are useful in some respects.

Why would you like to see this added:

As of v1.0.1 there is no queue watching in terms of notifications or alerts and no way to know when the queue has actually finished. Sure you get notifications for each encode and you'll get a notification when the last queue item is finished. However, there's no way to know when the queue is actually done unless you look at the queue window or realize no encoding is currently taking place.

In addition, the "sleep when done" or "shutdown when done" may or may not watch the queue. I rarely use these preferences, but if they follow the same logic as other "when done" settings, I'm apprehensive about even trying them. I'm uncertain if they will initiate after each queue encode the same way other notifications do.

What version of HandBrake are you currently running:

Currently running 1.0.1.

What operating system and version and you currently running (e.g. OSX 10.11, Windows 7, Ubuntu 14):

MacOS 10.10.5, 10.11, 10.12 on various systems. 10.10.5 most used.

-- Love the app.. great job folks! Congrats on finally hitting 1.0!!!
Null

Re: Queue vs single encode notifications

Post by Null »

.. ermm.. never mind.....

I missed the drop down in the Queue window.. that does what I asked for here.