[Github] Sound Alert on Job Completion

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

mcprescribed

[Github] Sound Alert on Job Completion

Post by mcprescribed »

Please describe what you would like to see added to HandBrake:

When jobs are complete there is a message saying the job has finished that's great, but I would also really appreciate a notification sound.

Why would you like to see this added:

After a long encoding process (yes my computer is old and slow), I would like a prompt to come back to my computer whilst downstairs. This would save me a considerable amount of leg work (checking) and wasted processing time. I have quite a catalog to get through and this would be highly appreciated.

What version of HandBrake are you currently running:

What operating system and version and you currently running (e.g. OSX 10.11, Windows 7, Ubuntu 14):
Win 10
Woodstock
Veteran User

Re: Sound Alert on Job Completion

Post by Woodstock »

If you are wanting this to signal it is OK to change disks, you MAY want to consider using a faster, made-for-ripping tool, so that you can get the ripping out of the way quickly. Then the encode doesn't need you around after you create the queue.

While I have installed one of the third-party libraries to allow handbrake to rip DVDs, it is rarely used because it is so slow. I use MakeMKV to get the disk rip done as fast as the drive can run, instead of how fast the encode can run.
s55
HandBrake Team

Re: Sound Alert on Job Completion

Post by s55 »